Below is the link to the May 13, 2014 UBA Employer Webinar Series: “Form 5500 Filing Requirements”
Most employee benefit plans are required to file a Form 5500 annually, and penalties for not meeting this obligation can be costly. During this webinar the following items will be discussed:
- Which plans must file the Form 5500, and which plans are exempt because of size, plan sponsor, or funding status
- Rules and options for combining plan benefits into one or several filings
- Filing due dates and extensions
- The basics of completing the main form and the schedules group plans commonly need
- Filing electronically
- Penalties and the delinquent filer program
- Areas of DOL and IRS emphasis in examining the Form 5500
- Areas of the Form 5500 that increase audit exposure/strategies to reduce risk
- Frequent errors in preparation of the Form 5500
Randal M. Limbeck, Shareholder – Jackson Lewis P.C.
Randal M. Limbeck is a Shareholder in the Omaha office of Jackson Lewis P.C. He specializes in representation of clients in the areas of ERISA, employee benefits, and executive compensation. Mr. Limbeck has represented clients in a broad range of industries and size, with respect to design, document drafting, employee communications, litigation, and assistance in dealings with the IRS and Department of Labor.
B. Tyler Philippi, Associate – Jackson Lewis P.C.
B. Tyler Philippi is an Associate in the Omaha office of Jackson Lewis P.C. Mr. Philippi represents clients encountering a variety of issues related to employee benefit plans including Internal Revenue Service and United State Department of Labor corrections, plan design and administration, and reporting and disclosure compliance.
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
Please feel free to watch/listen to this whenever it is convenient for you and your staff. It will be available for you to view for the next 11 months. Your name and email are required for registration. There is no cost however this webinar has been approved for one credit hour toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Once you have viewed the webinar, the last page will provide details on receiving the credit hour.